Here are the designs we are printing for the Cowboy Christmas this weekend. We decided to let people choose one of four designs. We will post pictures of the actual shirts once we finish printing the sample shirts.
This is awesome, hilarious, and inventive. Leave it to Ryonet to be so creative!
I can’t wait until MONDAY! I am so excited about Ryonet’s 50% off sales! As everyone else waits in anticipation about the sale, we are too! Here are some of the funny videos that Ryonet put together to promote the sale.
I hope you like them! We do!
Now we are off to put emulsion on screens for the Cowboy Christmas event next weekend! YEAH!
So we are moving along well this week. We have our first of two Christmas events in exactly a week. Tomorrow we are going to do a test run on setting up our booth. We found out that for the first event we have to decorate so that will be part of the setup tomorrow. I think we will use lights and garland to make our tent festive, but we will have to see what sort of power we will have to be able to use lights. These events should be a really good way to get out into the community even more.
In fact, we do seem to be making some leeway with getting out into the community as we got a phone call from the Las Vegas chapter of Habitat for Humanity on Tuesday. They want a quote for 4 different designs of 100 shirts each! This would be our biggest order to date. And it is nice to get calls from people that we don’t have any connections with. And equally as exciting, I am a big supporter of Habitat for Humanity having helped build a few Habitat houses in the past. So this really would be a win-win for us. We submitted a quote, so we will have to see how it works out!
Most of you know the main reason we were able to really take off with our screen printing business was from Ryonet’s Pick Me Video Blog contest. We won the contest that resulted a fantastic prize package that consisted of a new press, lots of great ink, and so many extras that has really helped our business begin to grow.
To help support the Pick Me Video Blog contestants, Ryonet sponsors a monthly contest to keep the new screen printers motivated. The first month’s contest was to have a certain number of posts and videos posted. Mobile T-Shirt Adventures won this contest and got a great selection of specialty inks. The next contest was to have the most views on a YouTube.com video about screen printing, and Moya Tees blew everyone away with over 5,000 views of his video! He won a great printer, the Epson BlackMax 1400 and AccuRip. For any non-printers reading this, well, it is one of the best products to start the art process to get great results when printing. The T-Shirt Guy blog won last month’s contest, thanks to many of you as we had the most activity on our blog in a month. We won some fabulous upgrades that included micro-registration for our new press! And again for non-printers, micro-registration helps us line up designs for more precise printing. A real help for newbies like us!
This month’s contest is to submit a unique marketing idea. Well, we have been thinking about this for awhile and think we have a really great and useful idea! On December 4th we will be attending a local Christmas event called Cowboy Christmas. This event is an annual kick-off to the Christmas season in Las Vegas. Vendors range from glassblowers to food vendors to local farmers. We have a booth at the Cowboy Christmas and are actually going to bring our press to the event! We are going to let people come and print their own shirts! We will have lots of information about our company available including printed koozies, flyers, and already made shirts! The best part about this marketing idea is that the Cowboy Christmas does a prize giveaway to attendees. We are donating a certificate for a T-Shirt order for 10 shirts to the recipient! The Cowboy Christmas sponsors told us that they will bring us up to the stage while the announcement is being made about our contribution and tell the community a little about our company! What a great way to kickoff the holiday season! We hope you enjoy our festive blog, our marketing idea, and we will let you know how it goes!
Even though you have already seen the end result on our blog from October 24th, we wanted to show everyone the setup and printing of this job. On the video we talked about burning 6 screens, but only show 4. We will have the other screen prep on an additional upcoming video. We like to print at night in the summer here in Las Vegas because during the day our garage is very hot so the lighting is a darker than we would like. Plus we had the bug lights on because we were burning screens. Enjoy!
Starting a new business definitely has its ups and downs. We had a lot of ups last month when we had our best month so far with five orders. We stayed busy and had enough work to feel like we were on our way. Well, this month has been slower. In fact, we don’t have any orders right now and none out for bid either. In fact, a job that we thought was on the way to approval is no longer. They ordered shirts from someone else. I know business is business, but it doesn’t mean that I am not disappointed. I think we did everything we could to get the order so I am not upset about how we handled the situation, but it is disappointing when you just see the shirts and didn’t know they were even ordered!
But nonetheless, we are putting together our November Holiday Marketing plan. Our plans will give us the exposure that we need in the community to continue to get more and more work! But it is a bit too early to disclose the plans just yet. We’ll let you in on our plans soon.
We wanted to give you a list of our top 10 sites that we use as reference for our business. These websites either provide products for us, information for our business, or a source when we need questions answered. Some sites do all three! If you are another printer out there, leave us a comment of your favorite sites and why. We are looking to add as many references as we can! So here goes our top 10 reference list (the order is not necessarily indicative to how much we use the site):
10. International Coatings at www.iccink.com– This site provides a ton of information about the ink that we use to print our designs. They have articles about the inks, FAQ’s on how to use the inks, and even MSDS sheets! I go to this site about once a week to see what is going on there!
9. Shirt Supplier at www.shirtsupplier.com – This is my second source for shirts as my first one is listed below. Their site is easy to add multiple items to the cart and it comes in handy when you have a big order.
8. Outlet Shirts at www.outletshirts.com – I use outletshirts.com when I need large sizes of shirts in more variety of colors. I like that Outlet Shirts has Port & Company shirts in sizes 3X, 4X, and more! This gives our clients a lot of options.
7. Graphic Elephants at www.graphicelephants.com– I go to this site every now and then to see what Lon Winters and Jason Ballash are up to. I was fortunate enough to meet them a couple of times at shows and they have such a wealth of information to share. And both are so good with sharing this information. I know that I am on such a different level of printing, but these guys never make you feel like you can’t do something. In fact, they encourage you to try!
6. Small Business Administration at www.sba.gov – This site is so useful as a new business owner. There is a wealth of information on this site and when I need a business question answered or clarified, I go to the SBA site!
5. Printwear Magazine at www.printwearmag.com – I like to catch up on the latest information for garment decorators. I do subscribe to the hard copy of the magazine as well, but the online version is fun to go through as well. I like finding archived articles of topics that are current to our printing.
4. YouTube at www.youtube.com -Everyone knows of YouTube, but I like the information that is out there. Ryonet has great videos of course and there are some other interesting screen printing and business videos out there.
3. Shirtspace at www.shirtspace.com – This is the best site that I have found to order T-shirts from. They have exceptional customer service, the order arrives on time, and their prices are great. I like their prices even better when they have a big discount going on. I have been very pleased with our purchases from this site!
2. Ryonetblog at www.ryonetblog.com-How could we not list this as our #1 or #2 site? This is the site that got us up and running in this business after we entered the Ryonet Pick Me Contest! I visit this site several times a week to see new posts, videos, and ideas from Ryonet.
1. Ryonet at www.silkscreeningsupplies.com of course! This is our number 1 site due to the fact that there is so much information on products, videos and help about the products, and so much to learn about this business. We are on this site so much during the week, whether we are scoping out our next big purchase, watching a video about a product, or just looking at the regular supplies that we need.
These are our top 10! Want to add to the list? Let us hear from you!
About two weeks ago we saw a connection through our old Cub Scout pack and mentioned that we have a T-Shirt company now. He was genuinely interested and we gave him a couple of business cards, and told him that we would appreciate him passing on our information if he knew anyone that needed shirts. Well, four days later I got a call from someone that needed shirts! It was great!
The group that needed shirts needed them done in four days. The group is the Southern Nevada Living History Association and they do a three day Civil War reenactment at a state park here in Nevada. People travel from surrounding states to be a part of this yearly event. So it was Tuesday and they needed the shirts on Saturday. Yes, four days. The person that
usually prints their shirts had moved and had not told his clients, but we reaped the benefit of his mistake. So Kyle and I spend about 24 hours working up a suitable design, I ordered shirts from Shirtspace.com and they said they would arrive on time, and we were on our way.
Kyle and I talked a lot about how far we have come in these first few months with our business and our artwork. A few months ago we would not have felt comfortable with rushing a job. I can tell we have grown in our business because we printed a three-color design without even flinching. I can remember it was not too long ago that we stressed about two color designs!
But the artwork, burning screens, and printing all came out beautifully. We even finished in enough time to get the shirts to the group the night before they needed them.
We are still trying to get more business, but things are going steady so far. It is fun!